How about trying a different kind of dessert tonight? Top off your National Waffle Iron Day with ice cream sandwiches made with chocolate chip waffles!
Chocolate Chip Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the KRUPS F654 Waffle Iron.
- Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy.
- Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
- Brush oil on preheated waffle iron. Pour small amount of mix onto hot waffle iron to make small waffles for ice cream sandwiches. Cook until golden brown.
- Spoon ice cream in between warm waffles. Serve immediately.