Even if pecan pie has never been your thing, you should definitely try this spin on the classic. This chocolate pecan pie will be a real crowd-pleaser at your Thanksgiving feast!
Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 1 (9- inch) unbaked pie crust
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 3 oz Hershey’s Special Dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Cover bottom of pie crust with pecans. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and melted butter.
- Add the corn syrup, sugar, vanilla, and chocolate chips. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour mixture into the pie shell over the pecans and place on a heavy-duty cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for an additional 35-45 minutes or until pie is set.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve hot or cold.
Image courtesy of Henhouse Catering.