You need a few hours to put this punch together so be sure to leave yourself enough time. It’s important for all the ingredients to settle and create that perfect wassail flavor we all love so much. In fact, you can even make this wassail the night before and warm it up when you’re ready to serve.
A non-alcoholic punch, this wassail can be enjoyed by all! Everyone from young cousins to grandma will enjoy the spicy flavor and warm smell of Christmas this wassail punch provides. Once your family or guests try this holiday punch they’ll be begging for it every Christmas.
For added Christmas flair, pop a cinnamon stick in each person’s mug of wassail. Every holiday drink is better with a cinnamon stick, right? We certainly think so! Check out the video below to see how this yummy wassail punch is made.
Christmas Wassail Punch
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 8 whole cloves
- 3 cups water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (keep the lemon peels)
- 1 gallon apple juice
- In a large saucepan combine the sugar, cloves, water, cinnamon sticks and lemon peels.
- Bring to a boil and continue to boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat, cover and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- Stir in the orange juice, lemon juice and apple juice.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Check the strength of the punch and add more water or apple juice as needed.
- Remove the cloves and cinnamon sticks before serving.
More delicious recipes to try: