Put a twist on a favorite crowd-pleasing sandwich with these homemade meatloaf sliders, topped with sharp white cheddar. Yum!
Meatloaf Slider Sandwiches
With the Super Bowl right around the corner, fans are gearing up to enjoy the game with friends and family.
Aside from the big screen and football comradery, what else do people look forward to the most at the viewing party?
The Super Bowl snacks to munch on, of course!!
This lovely Meatloaf Slider, that just happens to be low sodium, is SURE to be a crowd pleaser!
with Wisconsin Sharp White Cheddar
Meatloaf Sliders with Wisconsin Sharp White Chedda
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 c. bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 1 Serrano Pepper seeds removed fine chopped
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon LoSalt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup JRB BBQ Sauce – recipe below
- 3 tbsp. Sherry vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, combine JRB BBQ sauce, sherry vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, onions, green bell pepper, parsley, egg, seasoning and 3/4 cup of liquid mixture.
- Form into loaf and pack into loaf. pan or bread loaf tin, lightly oiled. Glaze with some of the remaining liquid mixture to coat.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for one hour, basting occasionally with remaining liquid mixture. Drain off excess rendered fat as needed during cooking process.
- Toasted potato or challah buns, small, slider size. Serve 3 oz warm meatloaf slice on a bun with sharp white cheddar.
- Serve your meatloaf sliders with pride! ENJOY!
More delicious low sodium recipes for game day or dinner:
Why LoSalt for reduced sodium?
As delicious as Super Bowl snacks are known to be, they generally pack in the salt. Yet, when the game becomes tense and that salty snack is sitting right in front of you, it’s hard to resist another bite. LoSalt is a great way to resolve this dilemma. A reduced sodium salt that contains 66 percent less sodium chloride than table, sea or rock salt, LoSalt is perfect to use in Super Bowl recipes so everyone can keep on reaching for another bite without the guilt.
Executive Chef John Brand of Mokara Hotel and Spa and Ostra restaurant and companion hotel Omni La Mansión del Rio’s Las Canarias, both located on the River Walk in San Antonio, Texas, has created tasty, traditional Super Bowl recipes that utilize LoSalt. While Chef Brand embraces a locally sourced approach and “lifestyle cuisine” at his restaurants, native Midwesterner also uses LoSalt, a natural product with no artificial flavoring.
Whether you are looking to create the perfect game day sandwich, dip, meat or dish with barbeque flair, Chef Brand shows how it is easy to reduce sodium intake. LoSalt is a one-for-one substitute, meaning if a recipe calls for one teaspoon of salt, Chef Brand used one teaspoon of LoSalt.
This recipe was brought to you by LoSalt. LoSalt® is the U.K.’s leading healthy, low-sodium alternative to salt sold worldwide and in more than 4,500 stores in the U.S., including national chains such as Kroger, Whole Foods Market and Safeway as well as natural food stores and independents. LoSalt has 66 percent less sodium that regular table, sea and rock salts, but tastes just like regular salt. A great source of potassium, LoSalt is a natural product. It is a product of Klinge Foods Ltd., based in East Kilbride, Scotland just south of Glasgow. For more information, please visit their website .