See how custom made lamp shades will make you hungry for more. These lampshades look beautifully delicious. See step-by-step instruction below on how you could make your own.
Submitted by Taloja ja toiveita (Houses and Hopes)
ME/ 28 year old “nut”, enjoying life, who has a soul of a country girl, always. I’m an entrepreneur and daily I work with my father in our car sales business as a operational director. My own company provides training services about personal growth and development, which is also by the way my life motto. I have a background as a master in business administration. As a decorator for my own home, I want to have lots of white, grey and silver & clean lines and simplicity. I also have the tendency to want uniques stuff, that some would call also weird. I want to have it special. That is why DIY is a good solution. I believe that dreams do come true, sometimes it just need extreme amount of work, tons of courage and crazy imagination.
BLOG+ HOME / My blog is about renovating and decorating. I’m also dreaming of having a big stone/concrete house in the future. Right now I’m living in a newly renovated 240m2 3-story building with my 2 dogs(poodles), in the countryside of course. Not married, no kids. The blog is following also my DIY-projects. Have a zillion ideas, but only few skills to make them true. But I’m learning and trying. The goal is that the readers of my blog get ideas from me that he/she can also develop further to better suit her/him. That is the reason why I’m reading blogs: to have some bits a pieces to create my own ideas.
In this page I introduce my favorite DIY project tutorials in English, since I want as many people as possible to enjoy these ideas and make their own creations. I’ll add new hacks and DIY every now and then.
If any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me. Comments and greetings are warmly welcome! You’ll find the comments form in the originals postings (click the links). You can also send me email email@example.com.
DIY projects and hacks you’ll find here right now:
* Fast and easy ribbon ruffle lampshades
* Cool cold serving platform with multifunction
* Christopher LaBrooy’s Marble inspired lampshade
* From Comforter to Throw Fulfilling my Dreams
Fasts & Easy Custom Made Lampshades With Ribbon Ruffles
What you need:
– Satin ribbon (double sided, for example 75mm (3 in) wide ribbon approx. 15metres(50 feet))
– hot glue gun
– hot glue (reserve more than 12 stick so you won’t run out in the middle of project)
It takes about 1 hour to make one lampshade.
The first edition, “try out”, I did to my living room in purple and used 20 meters (65 feet) of 38mm (1 1/2)wide satin ribbon. It was surprising how easy and fast it was!
4. Continue covering the lampshade totally. The situation on the lower picture is a result of 30 minutes of work.
– The more you make whirls, the more “cream cake”-effect you get.
– Also the density of your ruffles affects the look too.
– Also the ribbon you use, will affect the look: The wider the ribbon, the more 3D & airy look you get.
– The wider the ribbon, the less you need.
– To get more subtle look, use straighter lines (not so whirly) while gluing and ruffle only a little. (Like in fuchsia lampshade)
Check out for more pictures /
Violet lampshade ready
Don’t you want your own custom made lamp shades now?
I am the husband of the amazing Cassity of Remodelaholic. I love to problem solve and to design and build things inside and outside the house to make life better. I am a professional Landscape Architect by trade and love the outdoors.