This is like the most indulgent peanut butter and jelly sandwich you’ve ever had—and you get to eat it for breakfast! Make this Nutella Stuffed Panettone French Toast for a special occasion or any day, for that matter!
Nutella Stuffed Panettone French Toast
- [b]For the whipped cream:[/b]
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. powdered sugar[br][br]
- [b]For the toast:[/b]
- ½ cup milk or cream
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 slices Bauli Panettone, left out overnight if possible
- 2 Tbsp. butter[br][br]
- [b]For the filling:[/b]
- ¼ cup hazelnut spread
- ¼ cup raspberry jam or preserves
- Whip the cream and vanilla with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until incorporated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Soak Panettone slices in egg mixture for 30 seconds on each side.
- Place bread into the pan and cook until bottom is golden and crisp.
- Turn, and repeat with other side.
- Repeat with all of the bread, keeping it warm in a 200° oven.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of hazelnut spread and 2 tablespoons of jam on two of the bread slices. Top with remaining slices and a dollop of fresh whipped cream. Serve warm.
Special thanks to Bauli for submitting this decadent breakfast idea!