This delectable Panettone French Toast is an impressive brunch option, filled with marscapone cheese, and topped with maple syrup and fresh berries.
Panettone French Toast
- Bauli Il Panettone di Milano All Natural
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 200° F.
- Trim the bottom crust from the Panettone. Starting at the bottom of the loaf, cut it crosswise into 6 (3/4-inch thick) round slices. (Reserve the top piece for buttered toast!)
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the cream, milk and sugar, and whisk until well blended.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter on a nonstick griddle over medium heat.
- Dip the Panettone into the egg mixture, turning to allow both sides to absorb it.
- Grill the soaked Panettone slices until golden brown and firm to the touch, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the remaining butter, Panettone slices and egg mixture.
- Transfer the French toast to plates. Top each with a dollop of mascarpone, and sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Add berries, drizzle with maple syrup, and serve immediately.
Special thanks to Bauli for this gorgeous breakfast, perfect for any holiday or special occasion.