This beautiful gnocco fritto (or Italian fried dumplings) will bring such an elegance to your table. It is perfect to serve to—and impress—your guests.
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 1 cup + ¼ cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon beer yeast
- ½ cup of water
- 3 ½ half tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of prosciutto
- 7/8 cup of stracchino cheese
- Mix flour, water, and yeast in a food processor.
- Add melted butter and process.
- Add salt.
- Take the dough and spread it evenly on a flat surface. Cover and let rest for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, cut in a diamond shape. Fill with a small dot of stracchino cheese, roll in, and fry it for 30 seconds.
- Drain, and top with extra stracchino and prosciutto.
Thanks to Crave.it for sharing this beautiful dish!