National Donut Day is just around the corner! Make these scrumptious pistachio and cranberry baked donuts for the perfect way to celebrate this delicious day.
Pistachio and Cranberry Baked Donuts
- 1 cup organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup un-refined evaporated cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup original almond milk, plus ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup neutral tasting oil (safflower)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons, plus 1 tablespoon Setton Farms Pistachio Kernels, chopped*
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 tablespoon, dried cranberries, roughly chopped*[br][br]
- 2 teaspoons non-hydrogenated buttery spread
- 1 ½ cups organic powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon soymilk creamer or almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, sugar and sea salt and whisk until uniform.
- In a small bowl, add almond milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside to curdle, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add almond milk mixture, oil and vanilla extract to dry ingredients. Whisk until uniform. Fold 3 tablespoons pistachios and 1 tablespoon cranberries (or 3 Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites) into batter.
- Grease donut pan generously with cooking spray and pour batter into each donut shape. Leave about ¼ inch for batter to rise and clean any excess batter from center of each donut to prevent sticking.
- Bake for about 21-24 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before glazing. Place on a cooling rack over a baking sheet with walls, to collect icing.
- To make the icing, melt buttery spread in a small pot and add in powdered sugar. Whisk until lumpy.
- Add soymilk creamer or almond milk, vanilla extract and salt. Whisk until smooth, about 1 minute and remove from heat.
- To glaze donuts, drizzle a small amount of glaze over each donut, making sure there is a baking sheet to catch the run-off.
- Sprinkle right away with remaining pistachios and cranberries, or Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites before glaze hardens. Set aside to cool.
Special thanks to Setton Farms for sharing this delicious donut recipe!