Indulge in this holiday favorite without all the calories, with Santa’s Helper Eggnog! Made with coconut water instead of cream, you can feel good about this festive beverage.
Santa’s Helper Eggnog
- 4 cans Coco Joy Coconut Water
- 6 eggs yolks
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz Sprite (or spiced rum)
- Coconut flakes
- Bring coconut water to a simmer in a medium pot over medium high heat.
- Whisk together egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth and pale.
- Gradually whisk half the hot coconut water into the egg mixture, then pour into pot with remaining coconut water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until thick and mixture nearly coats the back of a wooden spoon, 2-3 minutes.
- Pour through a fine strainer into a bowl.
- Stir in rum and refrigerate at least 3 hours and up to overnight.
- Pour into a pitcher, serve over ice, and garnish with coconut flakes and cinnamon.
Special thanks to Coco Joy for sharing this healthy spin on a holiday favorite!