During the season of abounding sweets and treats, here’s one you can feel good about indulging in. This sweet and salty berry delight is light, refreshing, and delicious!
Sweet ‘n’ Salty Berry Delight
Sweet and Salty Berry Delight
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 2 cups assorted berries
- 1 cup + 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp + 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature, cut into pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 ½ tbsp. LoSalt®
- Place 2 cups sugar in a pot and turn heat on medium high. Whisk until sugar is melted and color is an amber brown. If you’re using a thermometer, cook sugar to 350 degrees F.
- Add the butter and whisk until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 cup cream and LoSalt and whisk until combined. Let sit for 12-15 minutes before using. You can store it in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
- Place 1 cup cream in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment. Start on a low speed. Slowly increase speed and add 2 Tbsp sugar. Increase speed to high and whisk until stiff peaks.
- Place cream in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Place the rinsed berries in a bowl with a dollop of the whipped cream. Drizzle with salted caramel sauce. Enjoy!
*You can also substitute Reddi-wip®, low in hydrogenated oil, or a lighter version whipped cream of your choice.