Winter can be a long season without something beautiful to dress up your front door. Add a little something special to your door with our favorite winter wreaths.
Why Make a New Wreath for Winter
Okay so I have to admit I LOVE packing up Christmas decorations! I know that some people feel sad, in fact there is a song that I know that says “I cry the day that I take the tree down…” It is very melodramatic and every time I hear it, I think, yeah I cry tears of JOY that my house is finally not cluttered anymore. (I am not all the sentimental)
And while I love wiping the slate clean, there’s no reason the rest of the winter has to be dreary, though. I’ve been looking around the web for ideas that will keep my house looking beautiful during the long, cold months ahead, starting with the front door. Today I’m sharing some of the beautiful winter wreaths I’ve discovered.
When I think of winter I think of white! White wreaths really pop on dark or colored doors. They can also be really fun to play with different textures. Use these white wreaths as inspiration for making your next white winter wreath.
1. Snowman Wreath by Remodelaholic
2. Frosty the Snowman Wreath from Remodelaholic
3. Winter Twig Wreath from Taryn Whiteaker
4. Winter Wispy Wreath from Made in a Day
6. Marshmallow Wreath from The Food Network
7. Snowflake Cookie Wreath from Kumquat
8. Cotton Ball Wreath from Fit 2 Feel Better
9. Snowball Wreath from Addicted 2 Decorating
10. Felt Square Wreath from The Inspired Room
11. Crocheted Winter Wreath from Repeat Crafter Me
12. Pearl Wreath from Better Homes & Gardens
13. Winter White Wreath from Whipperberry
14. Dropcloth Poinsettia Swag Wreath at Reposhture
Simple to make wreaths
With the holiday season wrapping up, a simple wreath might be fit the bill to easily add something special to your door without having to go too over the top.
1. Burlap Winter Wreath from The Space Between Blog for Remodelaholic
2. Easy Pinecone Wreath by A Piece of Rainbow for Remodelaholic
3. Felt Snowflake Wreath from Better Homes & Gardens
4. Scarf Wreath from Pieced Pastimes
5. Boxwood Wreath by Remodelaholic
6. Winter Yarn Wreath from Homemade Ginger
7. Icy Winter Wreath from Teach Craft Love
8. Plaid and Pinecone Wreath at Love of Family and Home
9. Wood Slice Wreath from East Coast Creative
10. Frozen Berry Wreath from Simply Home and Family
11. Winter Woodland Wreath from Sew Homegrown
12. Scented Pine Wreath by Oh Everything Handmade for Remodelaholic
13. Scrap Wood Wreath by Mom 4 Real for Remodelaholic
14. Winter Yarn Ball Wreath from Two Junk Chix
15. Ornament Wreath from Canadian Living
16. Monogrammed Boxwood Wreath from Mom 4 Real
Which wreath are you most excited to make? Let us know in the comments or better yet, send us a photo when you’ve completed it.
Now that you’ve got all of these ideas for a winter wreath, try one of these purposeful winter projects. Be sure to take of your hair this winter with our winter hair care tips. Lastly, if you are headed to a party this winter, take along one of these winter side dishes to share.
I’d love it if you would share this post with your friends on Pinterest using the Pin it button above. If you’d like to pin individual wreaths, please follow the links provided and pin from the original source. Thanks for pinning responsibly!
( Originally published 12.27.2012 // Updated 11.15.2019 )