Here at Remodelaholic we love all things home decor and DIY, but we also love RECIPES. While we will continue to share our latest and greatest remodeling projects we want to start sharing some really yummy recipes once a week. Enjoy the recipes and know that we are still Remodelaholics.
Save time and effort by using a frozen pie crust. There’s no need to thaw the crust before you assemble your quiche. In fact, the quiche cooks up better using a frozen pie shell as the base.
You’ll be surprised at how quick and easy it is to put together this bacon and cheese quiche. Swiss and parmesan cheese provide subtle, delicious flavor while the onion and bacon help to achieve the full flavor effect.
For an added touch, top the quiche with freshly chopped parsley. Let the quiche cool on a wire rack for a few minutes and then serve. Bon appetite!
Bacon & Cheese QuichePrint Recipe
- 1 3 oz can bacon bits or cooked bacon (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 5 oz shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 9 inch deep dish frozen pie crust
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half & half
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix bacon, onion, and cheeses together. Place this mixture in the unthawed pie crust.
- Mix the eggs and half & half together in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 35 minutes, until top of quiche begins to turn brown.