Carnitas with Salsa Cruda
If you’re a fan of Mexican cuisine and feeling some pork tacos for dinner, try these Carnitas with Salsa Cruda. They’re juicy and full of classic Mexican flavors!
You’ll also love this Mexican Street Corn recipe and Mexican Roasted Potatoes recipe.
Pork Carnitas with Homemade Salsa Cruda
Carnitas is a Mexican pork dish made with an inexpensive cut of pork, seasoned and cooked slowly until tender. This recipe uses a boneless pork loin roast, slow cooked in the oven and seasoned with Bon Appetit Seasoning blend.
You can make your own Bon Appetit Seasoning Blend using onion powder, celery salt, and sugar or use a premade spice blend like this.
Salsa Cruda is an uncooked, raw salsa made from stewed tomatoes, onion, green chiles, and cilantro.
The combination is delicious served on flour tortilla (or a corn tortilla to make it gluten free!)
Love Tacos? Try these other yummy taco recipes, too: Baja Fish Tacos — Crispy Chicken Tacos — Sweet Pork Tacos — Shredded Beef Brisket Tacos
Carnitas with Salsa Cruda Recipe
Carnitas with Salsa CrudaPrint Recipe
- 2 lb. boneless pork loin roast
- Bon Appetit Season Salt*
- Flour Tortillas or corn, if preferred
- Brown rice prepared according to package directions
- 1 quart home canned tomatoes or 4 cups canned plain stewed tomatoes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3/4 cup diced green chilies
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp sugar
- fresh ground pepper
- salt and garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle pork roast liberally with Bon Appetit Seasoning.
- Place the roast in a pan, fat side up and bake for 20-24 minutes per pound of meat, or until you reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Remove from oven when done. Allow to rest about 10 minutes, then slice or chop into small pieces.
- Pour any juice back over the meat before serving.
- Pour tomatoes into a bowl and chop or squash tomatoes to desired size.
- Add onion, green chilies, cilantro, sugar, ground pepper, salt, and garlic powder and mix together.
- The salsa is best if served at room temperature.
- Spoon meat, salsa, and rice over tortillas and serve.
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
More delicious pork recipes:
- Set it and Forget It: Pork Slow Cooker Recipes
- Pork Tenderloin with Apple Cider Reduction
- Sweet Pork Tacos