Here at Remodelaholic we love all things home decor and DIY, but we also love RECIPES. While we will continue to share our latest and greatest remodeling projects we want to start sharing some really yummy recipes once a week. Enjoy the recipes and know that we are still Remodelaholics.
If you’re looking for a healthy twist on traditional chicken fettucine, this recipe certainly fits the bill. Rather than your average cream sauce this dish uses a vinegar and oil based dressing. It’s also delicious served warm or cold.
Start by cooking the fettuccine noodles and chicken. Next, chop up all the vegetables up. You’ll also want to cut up the chicken into small pieces. Layer the veggies, chicken, and noodles into a large glass bowl. After that it’s time to make the dressing.
The last step in this simple recipe is to mix all the dressing ingredients together. Once the dressing is ready pour it on top of your pasta, veggies, and chicken layers. You can toss everything together in the large glass or leave it in the layers. Either way the chicken fettuccine is delicious!
To add a little extra dash of flavor, squeeze a lemon onto the pasta dished up on your plate. Enjoy this yummy, simple meal any night of the week! No matter the season, this chicken fettuccine is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 8 oz spinach fettuccine noodles cooked and rinsed
- 2-3 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 large red bell pepper uncooked and cut into strips
- 2 medium crookneck yellow squash uncooked and sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms uncooked and sliced
- Garlic powder
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 T water
- 3 T sugar
- 1 t salt
- 1 1/2 t basil leaves
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- Place cooked noodles in a large glass bowl. Add chicken and other vegetables. Sprinkle with a little garlic powder as desired.
- Add all dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl and mix together. Pour dressing onto other ingredients in the large glass bowl. Toss to combine all ingredients together if desired and serve.