Hello Remodelaholic readers! It’s Sarah from Just The Bees Knees back to share another mood board with y’all. Last month I gave you some tips on incorporating Modern Coastal decor into your home, and before that indulged everyone with my baby fever. This month I’m paying homage to the hardest working, most caring, supportive, dedicated (and quite frankly underpaid) CEO you will ever meet: The Mom.
As a mom of 2 boys, I understand the importance of having a little space just to yourself. A space that is free of toys, dirty laundry, and rogue cheerios. A space that screams luxury and tranquility and no kids allowed. Somewhere you can go and read a book in peace or get your late night craft on without being interrupted. A happy place. A pretty place. A place known as “The Mom Cave.”
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, what better way to show Mom how much you care by helping her create a little slice of heaven in her own home? Or if you are a Mom, treat yourself by carving out an entire room (if you are lucky) or dedicating a small corner of your home just for you to do whatever you like. Here’s some inspiration and tips to get you started!
Mom caves are pretty and feminine. Carve out a corner of a room and add a luxurious chaise surrounded with color and sparkle. Chandeliers are a must!
via Mix and Chic
A pretty armoire or stylish bookcases are perfect for storing craft supplies.
via Love Meagan
And if you don’t have a whole room to dedicate to your Mom cave, how about carving out a small niche, or even a closet?! (Check out these closet offices.)
Now that you are hopefully inspired to start planning your own Mom cave, let me show you the essentials that I would have in my dream Mom Cave.
7 Ways to Create a Relaxing Mom Cave
- You will need somewhere to lounge while sipping some coffee (or wine) and catching up on all the wonderful blogs you read. An elegant chaise lounge would do the trick! Love this teal one paired with pops of magenta and yellow.
- One cannot have a proper Mom cave without a chandeleir!
- Texture is a must, so lots of faux fur and a cowhide rug will give the space some warmth.
- The Mom cave must have at least one feature wall in a bright feminine color, or in my case I would choose a fabulous wallpaper such as this one with the peacocks.
- Storage is a must to contain your
hordecollection of design magazines and craft supplies. Shelving or bookcases work great, and I would also incorporate some great storage boxes and baskets as well.
- If you plan on crafting or writing or even blogging in your space, a desk or table is a must.
- And don’t forget to add the ambiance! Nothing is more relaxing than fresh flowers and scented candles.
Although this dream Mom Cave of mine is just that….a dream, I have been working on carving out a section of my Guest Bedroom to use as my personal craft space. My budget hasn’t allowed for all the fabulous details you see in my mood board, but I did stencil a wall to resemble a very expensive wall paper, and I re-finished an old table to use as my workspace. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to create your Mom Cave….a little creativity and elbow grease goes a long way!
Thanks again to Cassity and the Remodelaholic team for having me today. Wishing all of you Moms out there a very Happy Mothers Day!
Find more “mom cave” inspiration in these fabulous rooms: