Christmas is coming, and with it all the excitement of the holiday season! One easy and fun way to revamp your holiday decorations is with stockings! Why not DIY stockings? This beloved Christmas staple can be an easy project to tackle in an already busy season. And with your holiday mantel front and center, it packs a big punch as far as updating your decor.
1. Make It and Love It shares a tutorial for the classic Burlap Stocking.
2. Upcycle some ill-fitting sweaters with Delia Creates Sweater Stocking tutorial.
3. For all the yarn enthusiasts, whip up some Crocheted Polka Dot Stockings with the free pattern at Ravelry.
4. Can’t sew? No problem! HGTV has you covered with a No Sew Felt Stocking.
5. These Tea Towel Stockings from Saved By Love Creations are classic AND budget-friendly.
6. On Instructables, user scoochmaroo shows off her humorous Expandable Christmas Stocking.
7. Delighted To Be adds a trendy and modern look to her mantel with some color-blocked Stockings.
8. Add some vintage charm to your decor with Celebrations Silhouette Stockings.
9. Get a “his and her” tutorial for both the elegant Bow-Top Stocking and Pleat-Top Stocking on, aptly named, His and Her.
10. Sew 4 Home has a pattern for a funky take on the traditional stocking; Elf Stockings.
Kimberly Mueller is the “me” over at bugaboo, mini, mr & me, a blog that highlights her creative endeavors. She especially likes to share kid crafts, sewing attempts, recipes, upcycled projects, photography and free printable gift tags/cards. When she’s not enjoying being married to her best friend, chasing after the natives (AKA her three kids) and attempting to keep the house in one piece, you can find her with a glue gun in one hand and spray paint in the other. Aside from DIY pursuits, she also enjoys writing, reading, music, singing (mostly in the shower) and the color yellow. Kimberly recently published a craft book entitled Modern Mod Podge. You can also find her on Facebook, Pinterest,Bloglovin’ and Instagram. Email her at: bugabooblog(at)yahoo.com
Featured image via Raverly Crocheted Polka Dot Stockings.
Here is more inspiration: