Front porch planters can really set the tone for your whole home. Adding statement front porch planters will frame a front door and add a welcoming vibe to your home. Here are our favorite front porch planters to build or buy.
Front Porch Planters to Build and Buy
The front porch is the first thing people see when they stop by your home. Add an extra welcoming touch to your front door and porch with stunning large or tall front porch planters. Build or buy planters from these ones we’ve rounded up for you to build and buy!
You know we love a good building project. And front porch planters can be fairly simple to make using a variety of materials and styles. They can also be painted or stained to match your home exterior and design style. Here is a list of our favorite large front porch planters to build:
- Large Monogram Planters by Ellery Designs for Remodelaholic
- Pallet Planters by Twelve on Main for Remodelaholic
- One Board Hexagon Planter by Lemon Thistle for Remodelaholic
- Tall Wood Planter by The Rozy Home for Remodelaholic
- Tall Concrete Planter by Pneumatic Addict for Remodelaholic
- Vertical Fence Slat Planter by The Craft Patch
- Simple Planter Box Build by Lovely Etc.
- Outdoor Living Wall by A Life Unfolding
- Two-Toned Planter by Restore Decor and More
- Simple Louvered Planter Box by Woodshop Diaries
- Planter Box with Trellis by The Handyman’s Daughter
- Square Planter Boxes by The Inspired Workshop
- Slatted Wood Planter Box by Crafted by the Hunts
- Tiered Planter Box by Anika’s DIY Life
- 5 Gallon Bucket Planters by Practical Whimsy Designs
- Tall Planter Box by Love Create Celebrate
If you aren’t quite wanting a DIY project right now, but still want gorgeous front porch planters, we’ve found some of our favorites to buy. Some might require a little bit of assembly, but mostly you will just need to fill your planters with plants and don’t forget to water them!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Learn more and read our full disclosure policy here.
Click any of the images below (or double-click on mobile) to learn more about each of these front porch planters to buy. We’ve sourced a few options with different price points and styles.
Here are a couple of parade homes featuring large front porch planters and ways to use them on your porch.
Utilize a cute corner and add a planter with a cute tall plant. This is great if your front door doesn’t directly face the street. This home shows too that planters don’t always have to come in pairs, but can be asymmetrical.
This home also shows an asymmetrical approach to displaying planters on a porch. If there isn’t room on one side of the front door for a large porch planter, add one on the side of the porch that has more room.
Here is a classic example of adding a pair of planters to a front door. This works well for a symmetrical and balanced porch. This front door has a side panel window on each side, it just makes sense that there are two planters on this home.
Don’t miss these great tips too: Learn how to create beautiful outdoor planters and build a planter stand.
More great porch ideas:
- How to Make Your Porch Welcoming
- Front Porch Decorating Ideas
- Ladder Decorating for the Porch
- Spring Porch Refresh
Please pin this post for later: