The other day I wanted a quick little treat, that didn’t involve baking, so I whipped this up really fast. It was SUPER EASY, the girls LOVED it and it had the added benefit of fiber from the Cheerios… no, I am NOT technically calling this a healthy dessert. It is still a dessert, but if needed permission from the fiber police to eat some treats… you got it!
Am I the only one that laughs and the description of a healthy dessert, well, something other than fresh berries? Cuz magically the 2 cups of sugar contained in the cookies is counteracted by the added 1/2 a cup of pumpkin or something like that, so a 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin per serving equals healthy? Sorry, I’m not the only one right?.. I hope?
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheerio Treats!
Servings 15; About 10 minutes or less to prepare!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (optional)
- 5 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup Semi sweet chocolate chips (or you could use M&M’s or Reese’s pieces)
- (Sprinkles Optional… but in a house full of little girls, sprinkles make everything more exciting!)
- Pour your 5 cups of cheerios into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place the butter and marshmallows in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Stir continuously while heating, until smooth, Add in the peanut butter stir until blended.
- Pour mixture over Cheerios, fold in until all pieces are covered. Add chocolate chips, don’t stir quite as much just distribute evenly throughout.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13 x 9 pan and press into place. Add sprinkles if desired. Cool slightly before serving.
Cassity Kmetzsch started Remodelaholic after graduating from Utah State University with a degree in Interior Design. Remodelaholic is the place to share her love for knocking out walls, and building everything back up again to not only add function but beauty to her home. Together with her husband Justin, they have remodeled 6 homes and are working on a seventh. She is a mother of four amazing girls. Making a house a home is her favorite hobby.