The other day I wanted a quick little treat, that didn’t involve baking, so I whipped this up really fast. It was SUPER EASY, the girls LOVED it and it had the added benefit of fiber from the Cheerios… no, I am NOT technically calling this a healthy dessert. It is still a dessert, but if needed permission from the fiber police to eat some treats… you got it!
Am I the only one that laughs and the description of a healthy dessert, well, something other than fresh berries? Cuz magically the 2 cups of sugar contained in the cookies is counteracted by the added 1/2 a cup of pumpkin or something like that, so a 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin per serving equals healthy? Sorry, I’m not the only one right?.. I hope?
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cheerio Treats!
Servings 15; About 10 minutes or less to prepare!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (optional)
- 5 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup Semi sweet chocolate chips (or you could use M&M’s or Reese’s pieces)
- (Sprinkles Optional… but in a house full of little girls, sprinkles make everything more exciting!)
- Pour your 5 cups of cheerios into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place the butter and marshmallows in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Stir continuously while heating, until smooth, Add in the peanut butter stir until blended.
- Pour mixture over Cheerios, fold in until all pieces are covered. Add chocolate chips, don’t stir quite as much just distribute evenly throughout.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13 x 9 pan and press into place. Add sprinkles if desired. Cool slightly before serving.