Veggie Burger – The Best Black Bean Hamburger
The most delicious veggie burger recipe! Perfect to make on the grill, on a skillet, or in the oven. The best thing about this meatless hamburger is that’s super easy and nutritious, while also being freezer friendly. It doesn’t get anything better than that.
[pin it align=”center”]
A veggie burger that’s crispy on the outside, and soft and juicy on the inside, is one of those basic recipes we should always have in our back pocket.
Bonus points if that veggie burger is also fairly healthy.
Extra points if it’s also sturdy enough to be able to cook it without fear of it falling apart.
And even more points if you can also store your vegetarian burger in the freezer and have it ready to cook when hunger strikes.
The best ingredient to make them? Black beans! Black beans make tasty, fiber-rich, burger patties that even meat-eaters will love
So how to make the most delicious veggie burgers?
- Start by cooking onions and red peppers.
- Then add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse for a couple of seconds until everything is incorporated.
- Finally, form the patties with your hands. That’s it!
How to keep your vegetarian burgers from falling apart?
One of the things about veggie burger recipes is that most of them are pretty fragile and fall apart when you are cooking them. This recipe, however, is sturdy enough that you can even grill it!
How’s that possible?
Simple, you don’t want to completely puree your ingredients, but you also want to process them enough to hold together.
If you don’t process the beans enough, you end up with large chunks that will eventually fall off.
The other thing that makes veggie burgers fragile is not cooking the veggies beforehand. Since we start with sauteed onions and peppers, instead of raw ones, they won’t lose any more water when cooking.
Why are my veggie burgers mushy?
That’s another common problem of vegetarian burgers (especially of black bean burgers!) usually this happens because we have too many wet ingredients.
That’s where breadcrumbs come in. They help soak up the moisture out of the wet ingredients and make that crispy outside layer possible.
So make a big batch of these burger patties, share the recipe with everyone you know and welcome to your life delicious meatless hamburgers that are a crowd favorite.
Love burgers? Make these recipes too!
- Try this delicious mushroom burger that’s incredibly easy and healthy!
- Or if you are feeling adventurous make these lamb burgers with bacon tomato jam. A great way to refine the traditional burgers we all know and love
Make sure you pin this veggie burger recipe for later!
Veggie Burgers - Black Bean Hamburger Patty
- 1 Can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/ Onion chopped
- ¼ Cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 Garlic clove minced
- 1 Tsp chili powder
- 1 Tsp cumin
- 1 Tsp paprika
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion and cook until translucent. Add pepper and cook until soft (around 4 minutes). Let it cool.
- Add all the ingredients, including the cooked pepper and onion, to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until you have a thick dough.
- Form the patties by rolling around ⅓ cup of the mix into a ball. Flatten to form a disk. Pace in a greased baking pan.
- Take to oven and bake for 20 minutes.