One special thing to note about this particular recipe is that you’re going to mix ingredients in three separate bowls before combining them all together. First, you’ll cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl with a hand mixer or in a stand mixer. Next you’ll combine the dry ingredients together in a second bowl and the wet ingredients in a third bowl.
Now the ingredients in your three bowls are ready to be combined. The next step is to alternate adding the dry and wet ingredients to the large bowl holding the creamed butter and sugar. It’s almost time to pop these babies in the oven!
The last step is to add the two most important ingredients to the batter: cranberries and walnuts. These two ingredients give the bread its signature holiday flavor and pizzaz. If you’re making the bread to give as gifts, we recommend portioning the batter into five small loaf pans. If you prefer using large loaf pans, this batter should make enough to fill three pans.
And there you have it, fabulous holiday cranberry bread everyone will enjoy! View our video below to see how easy it is to make this yummy treat:
Holiday Cranberry Bread
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 2 cubes butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts (chopped)
- 1 bag cranberries (coarsely chopped)
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the sugar and butter.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a second bowl, combine the dry ingredients: salt, flour and baking powder.
- In a third bowl, combine the wet ingredients: milk, orange juice, vanilla and orange peel.
- Add the dry and wet ingredients alternately to the sugar and butter mixture. Mix well after each addition.
- Mix in the chopped walnuts and cranberries.
- Bake in 5 small loaf pans or the equivalent (approx. 3 large loaf pans) at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Grease and flour the pans for best results.
More delicious recipes to try: