Hey! It is Mindi from MyLove2Create again. 🙂
The last project I shared here was my DIY Triptych Frame, and it was for my slowly transforming Master bed room. Today I am excited to share a project that I made for my two oldest boys in their bedroom makeover. Some very cool Rustic Industrial Letters!
How to Make Your Own Pallet Wood Rustic Industrial Letters
(using old blinds!)
This post contains affiliate links. See our full disclosure policy here.
What you will need to make your own Large Rustic Industrial Letters:
- Old Vinyl blinds
- Pallet wood, for two large letters I used one large pallet. For one large letter you could use a small pallet. My letters were roughly 27 inches tall.
- Wood glue and finish nails and scrap wood to connect pallet wood
- d-ring hooks, for hanging
- Metallic spray paint, I used Oil Rubbed Bronze
- Wood stain (optional), I used Natural
- Miter saw, Jig saw, drill, nail gun, projector and cut out letters
It all started with some blinds…yep blinds. Who knew right?!
I wanted my wood to be on a slant, so I placed my letters accordingly and then just traced around the shadow with my pen onto the wood.
Also, I want to warn you that sometimes your letters will fall apart while cutting them out…don't stress! It is an easy fix…
I used only three sprays for both letters to touch up, not bad! I didn't have to tape the wood…sa-weet! Like I said, you could do it either way, attach the blinds and then tape the wood and then spray paint them.
For hanging I add some d-ring hooks. The letter A just need one at the top, the letter J needed two.
The warmth of the wood with the metal really compliment each other.
A fun letter for your kids room…
Thanks for reading I would love it if you came to visit me at my blog for more great DIY projects!
More great pallet upcycle projects:
Put your pallets to work on an accent wall: