Delight Dad this Father’s Day with this Sweet and Spicy Vanilla BBQ Rub. Pair it with Nielsen-Massey’s Signature BBQ sauce, and you’ll be the favorite for sure!
Sweet and Spicy Vanilla BBQ Rub
plus bonus Nielsen-Massey Signature BBQ Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Mexican style chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground marjoram
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa (Dutch processed)
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, add vanilla powder, paprika, sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, marjoram, onion powder, cocoa powder, salt, and pepper; combine.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- 2 tablespoons
- ¼ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon chocolate flavored syrup
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (adjust to taste)
- 2 teaspoons natural hickory liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Nielsen-Massey Mexican Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Chocolate Extract
- ½ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Coffee Extract
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add sugar, molasses, chocolate syrup, hot sauce, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, ketchup, vanilla, chocolate and coffee extracts; stir to combine.
- Simmer for about 10-15 minutes; stirring occasionally.
Special thanks to Nielsen-Massey for submitting these delicious recipes, perfect for your Father’s Day gathering!