New Twists on Traditional Comfort Foods
Favorite Comfort Foods for Fall… With A Twist
Mmmm… something about fall just puts me in the mood for some of my favorite comfort foods. Everything that was unappealing during the hot summer days and nights just sounds so good once it’s sweater weather again. Chicken pot pie, lasagna, chicken noodle soup — yum! Everyone has their own favorite family recipes for these traditional foods, but sometimes a twist on tradition is nice. So I have two new twists on each of ten of my favorite cozy-up-and-read comfort foods for you.
And don’t forget to scroll down a bit and join our weekend Remodelaholics Anonymous party to strut your DIY stuff!
Comfort food recipes in the slideshow:
- slide 1: herbed buttermilk biscuits and gravy | “heart attack” biscuits and gravy: bacon, cheese, and fried chicken
- slide 2: caprese grilled cheese sandwich | guacamole grilled cheese sandwich
- slide 3: best mac and cheese for adults | blush mac and cheese with tomatoes
- slide 4: lasagna soup | zucchini lasagna
- slide 5: slow cooker mashed potatoes | creamy cauliflower puree
- slide 6: chicken pot pie biscuits | chicken pot pie soup
- slide 7: chicken alfredo french bread pizzas | spaghetti squash alfredo
- slide 8: meatloaf cupcakes | mini chicken parmesan meatloaves
- slide 9: creamy chicken noodle soup with brie, spinach, and artichoke | Moroccan chicken noodle soup
- slide 10: Texas Roadhouse sweet rolls and special butter | homemade pesto rolls
I’m excited to see what you’ve been doing! A big thanks to all of you who link up and browse the party. Remember, there are just a few little rules:
- Your post must contain a link to www.remodelaholic.com in order to participate (or you can grab a button if you’d prefer).
- Please link the direct URL of the post: no homepage links, no business links.
- You may link up to 3 posts each week.
- Always keep your links family friendly. We reserve the right to remove any links for any reason.
Two-Tone Painted Built-In Bookcase by Rather Square – looking good, guys!
Refinished and Painted Pedestal Table by Something is Done – such a great job, Camilla!
Two Easy $0 Kitchen Updates by Rebecca’s Round Ups – love those free projects!
PLEASE HELP US SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE PARTY!