These curb appeal ideas are DIY friendly and are sure to help you boost your home’s exterior.
We have an entire collection of Curb Appeal Ideas and more great home exterior update ideas, such as: Choosing Exterior Paint Colors, How to Hide Outdoor Eyesores (think A/C units and electrical boxes), and a Faux Wood Garage Door Tutorial.
25 Curb Appeal Ideas
By Cecily from Ceci Bean
See our picks for bold and beautiful colorful front door paint colors
3. Spray paint your outdated door hardware for a fresh look | The Space Between
Next up, curb appeal ideas for your porch:
4. Makeover a plain door mat | Park House Love
5. Make a wood stake door mat | Remodelaholic
6. Paint a faux stone pattern on an old concrete entry | First Home Love Life
7. Add a stenciled pattern to your concrete front porch | Bella Tucker
Do you have some woodworking skills? Here are some curb appeal ideas that you can build.
8. Add a DIY bench to the porch | Sawdust Girl
9. Build a planter…with gold legs! | Home Heart and Hands
10. Build a flowerbox to add color to your windows | How Does She
11. Add a DIY stir stick house number display | 4 Men 1 Lady
12. Build a trellis over your garage | Blue Roof Cabin
13. Add a simple entry arbor | BHG
14. Hang a DIY porch swing | Shanty 2 Chic
And now, curb appeal ideas for your flower beds or garden beds:
15. Spruce up your hell strip (sidewalk planting bed) | Art of Gardening
16. DIY a water feature | Tatertots & Jello
17. Add curvy planting beds to your front yard | Happy at Home
18. Install path lights along front pathway | Pegasus Lighting
Lastly, consider these curb appeal ideas for the exterior fixtures of your home:
Build DIY wood shutters to add curb appeal on a budget — only $40 for the pair!
19. Corral your garden hose with a DIY holder | While Wearing Heels
20. Refresh your porch lighting | Style with Cents
21. Camouflage utility boxes | Love of Family and Home
Build a removable wood screen to hide utility boxes | Designer Trapped for Remodelaholic
23. Switch out your gutter downspout for a rain chain | rle photo
25. Add hardware details to your garage door | Bliss Images
Any of these projects are sure to pay off and we’re confident you’ll love the changes! Share your success with us here or on Instagram with #imaremodelaholic. Also find us on Facebook and Pinterest and pin this collection for future reference.
For more great curb appeal projects and tips, check out:
( Originally published 09.22.2014 // Updated 03.11.2020 )