Here at Remodelaholic we love all things home decor and DIY, but we also love RECIPES. While we will continue to share our latest and greatest remodeling projects we want to start sharing some really yummy recipes once a week. Enjoy the recipes and know that we are still Remodelaholics.
This season is crazy busy around here, there are all the festivities, the dinner parties, the gifts, the games and the friends and family coming from out of town so to say that our to-do lists are maxed out is an understatement. They are literally so full that making dinner has gone to a second place, so needless to say I decided to hit the reset button and brainstorm some easy and crowd favorite recipes that could be made even in the most hectic day.
However, I also wanted the recipes to be seasonal because with the harvest season in full swing, I want to really use as much of the delicious veggies as we possibly can.
So that's how this sweet potato shepherd's pie came to life. This recipe is delicious it's easy and it's super flavorful. It also makes a great use of all the sweet potatoes that are taking our supermarkets and farmer markets by storm.
However, the total best thing for me is that this is weekend approved. You can be super busy and chockfull of things to do and very little time to cook, and you can still be able to whip this up mainly because most of the time is hands-off time, but also because overall this is a quick recipe.
Also feel free to experiment with the fillings! While I seriously believe that sweet potato is the best way to go, you can also feel free to tuck in some of the things you already have in your pantry or fridge, the reason? This recipe is so flavorful you can stuff it with all those random, leftovers and still have the same delicious sweet potato shepherd's pie.
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Potato
- 1 Tbsp warm milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 1 Grated carrot
- ½ Onion, sliced
- 1 Garlic clove
- ½ Cup corn
- ½ Cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ Cup parmesan cheese
- Rosemary for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash and peel the potato and sweet potato.
- Bring to boil salted water, place the corn and cook for 4 minutes. Drain the water.
- In a pot filled halfway with water, place the potato and sweet potato, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Take the potato and mash with a potato masher, add the milk, salt, flour, mozzarella cheese, and butter, and mix it.
- Chop the sweet potato, and divide some for the filling, and some for garnish.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, drizzle the olive oil, add garlic, and onion. Stir until caramelized.
- Incorporate the thyme, sweet potato, carrot, and corn, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place at the bottom of an iron skillet, use a spoon to spread the potato mix over, and sprinkle the parmesan cheese.
- Take it to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese starts to turn golden
- Remove from the oven, garnish with the remaining sweet potato and rosemary.
- Serve and enjoy.