Outdoor games are the perfect way to spend a summer day. They can liven up a BBQ, afternoon, or evening. Play in your yard or at a park.
Spend outdoors with games to enjoy with family and friends. Some we can help you build, others are great buys. Either way, there are plenty of games to please all players.
Outdoor Games To Buy
Let’s start off with some of our favorites to buy. Some of these can be DIYed, but if you would prefer not to start a project, check out these ideas.
This post contains affiliate links for Fun Outdoor Games for your convenience. Learn more and read our full disclosure policy here. If you can’t see these images it may be your ad blocker (you might need to disable it), or you can check out the list below.
- Golf Cornhole Game – Overstock
- Junior Swing Ball – Overstock
- Traditional Cornhole – Overstock
- Giant Four in a Row Game – Overstock
- Giant Dice – Overstock
- Ringer Darts – Overstock
- Giant Tumbling Tower – Overstock
- Croquet Set – Overstock
- Red Zone Football Game – Overstock
- Driveway Shuffleboard Game – Overstock
- Deluxe Bocce Ball – Overstock
- Horse Shoe Set – Overstock
- Limbo Game – Overstock
- Spike Ball – Walmart
- Ladder Ball – Wayfair
- Portable Badminton Set – Walmart
- Giant Tic Tac Toe – Wayfair
- Giant Checkers and Tic Tac Toe Combo – Wayfair
- Giant Yard Dominos – Wayfair
- Spoon and Egg Game – Wayfair
- Giant Chess Set – Wayfair
- Washers and Ring Toss – Wayfair
- Disc Slam – Walmart
- Archery Target – Walmart
- Kid Kick Croquet – Walmart
- Lawn Toss – Walmart
- Outdoor Pool Table – Wayfair
- Outdoor Foosball Table – Wayfair
- Outdoor Ping Pong Table – Wayfair
Click the arrows on either side of the image below to see more fun outdoor games.
Outdoor Games To Build
Looking for a project and a game, we’ve got you covered! Check out these building plans and tutorials.
- Star Wars Corn Hole and Corn Hole Building Plans
- Corn Hole Boards from a Pallet by Provident Home Design for Remodelaholic
- Pallet Wood Yard Dominos
- Yardzee Yard Dice and Printable
- Yard Dice Tutorial by Rouge Engineer for Remodelaholic
- Outdoor Bowling Lane by Homemade with Ashley for Remodelaholic
Tips and Tricks
Ready to get playing? Here are some tips to create even more fun.
- Large scale games. Many of these yard games are larger versions of indoor games. The size really kicks the fun up a notch.
- Set up a tournament. Do you thrive under competition? Hosting a family reunion? Set up a bracket for each game or keep track of points for each game won. Make a dry erase board or chalkboard for keeping score too.
- Spice up a BBQ. Have food and fun at your next get together. Pick a game or two or three to play while food is cooking or after everyone has finished eating.
More Backyard Game Ideas
BBQ Side Dishes
How to Create a Relaxing Backyard
Outdoor Project Plans
Please pin this post for later: