Spring is upon us, at least according to the calendar. And the arrival of spring brings two very important things: new life and COLOR! We’ve shared some of our favorite bright accents for spring, but how about breathing some fresh style into a room with some modern spring colors? Check out three great color schemes and some fun decor items from our friends at Overstock.com.
Modern Spring Color Schemes
Light, Bright Blue
Blue is always in fashion in one hue or another. This spring, old is new again — think powder blue, but not for mens’ suits! A light or mid-tone bright modern blue is calming, especially when paired with natural elements like wood and wovens.
1. Chloe Lounge Chair Price: $850.99
2.Safavieh Moroccan Light Blue/ Ivory Dhurrie Wool Rug (6′ Round) Price: $120.50
3. Kaho Antique Silver Decorative Jugs (Set of 3) Price: $248.00
4. Safavieh Huntingdon Oval End Table Price: $108.99
5. Contemporary Blue/ White Square 18-inch Pillow Price: $35.00
6. Safavieh Leary Brown Wicker Bench Price: $118.50
7. Shelley Glass 1-light Brushed Table Lamp Price: $129.99
8. Set of 3 Ningbo Open Air Boxes Price: $108.99
9. Handmade Blue Blended Wool Rug (5′ x 8′) Price: $166.50
10. Chariklia Zarris ‘Ikat’ No. 1 Open Edition Giclee Print Price: $202.99
11. Ikat Design Down Filled Throw Pillow Price: $37.99
12. Evan Dark Blue Iron Strips Welded Stool Price: $89.99
Get our favorite paint color picks for springy light blues (or if you prefer a deeper blue, check out our favorite true blue paint colors and the best of navy blue for your home). And where could you use this modern blue in your home?
How about in the library? I’m convinced that every home needs a Swedish mora clock, and, lucky you, we have the plans for you to build one of your own for under $75.
Try your hand at a simple painted stair runner:
If you already have a piece of furniture you love, add some modern vintage blue with this tutorial from Karah.
Colorful kitchens make me swoon, and I love this blue island! Plus, according to the psychology of color, blue is supposed to suppress our appetite so adding blue to your kitchen could make you happy and help you watch your figure 😉
Mint & Gold
Gold is back with a passion, and looking oh-so-elegant without being stuffy when paired with a calm mint green. This color combination is hitting the wedding parade this spring, but it will look just as fabulous in your living room!
1. Mandara Handmade Abstract Pattern Flat-Weave Rectangular Rug (5′ x 7′) Price: 135.99
2. Mina Victory Lifestyles Floral Lily 20 x 20-inch Decorative Pillow by Nourison Price: $55.99
3. Ripley 1-light Metal Table Lamp Price: $139.99
4. ‘Weave’ Metal Barrel End Table Price: $95.50
5. Aero Glass Top Accent Table Price: $260.99
6. IMPULSE! Mint Vase Large Price: $36.99
7. Brown/Ivory Round Stag Horn Framed Mirror Price: 217.99
8. Shirley 20-inch Foil Print Down Fill Pillow Price: 35.50
9. Handmade Flat Weave Geometric Pattern Blue Rug (2′ x 3′) Price: $32.99
10. Safavieh Paradise Zen Light Blue Ceramic Garden Stool Price: $115.00
11. Gold Leaf Two Drawer Cabinet (China) Price: $278.00
12. Safavieh Bowie Light Blue Side Chairs (Set of 2) Price: 408.50
You can DIY some mint and gold beauty for your home, with simple gold home accents or by using gold leaf to dress up a lamp or a glass table top. Find the best shade of mint green paint or maybe even get adventurous and put gold on your walls!
Need a little convincing that mint and gold is the way to go? We’ve got inspiration for you!
Bright Oranges and Yellows
Yellow is a quintessential spring color, but adding in some spicy orange really punches it up, and using them together with Moroccan-inspired patterns and shapes makes for a bright, modern room.
1. Wooden Jigsaw Grand Mantel Clock Price: $101.99
2. Safavieh Collette 18-inch Orange Decorative Pillows (Set of 2) Price: $42.50
3. Hand-tufted Deil Yellow Geometric Wool Rug (3’3 x 5’3) Price: $161.99
4. Orange Wooden Tray (Set of 3) Price: 104.50
5. Decorative Kilim Orange/Tan/Yellow Wool Ottoman Price: $124.99
6. Casa Cortes Hand-crafted Rust Orange Mosaic Table Lamp (Set of 2) Price: $216.99
7. Moroccan Design Down Filled Throw Pillow Price: $36.50
8. Billybird Decorative Down Fill Throw Pillow Price: $69.99
9. Hand Tufted Lucinda Multi Wool Rug (3’0 Round) Price: 54.99
10. nuLOOM Handmade Casual Living Disco Cables Pouf Price: $109.99
11. Contemporary Lemon Yellow Wood Bench Price: $89.99
12. Dynasty Leisure Seat Price:$204.99
You can go all-in with some amazing orange rooms, or choose a fabulous shade of bright yellow paint for a room (or accent wall) or you can tone it down a bit and choose paint that’s a lighter yellow. Or keep the room more versatile and add your yellows and oranges as accent pieces like curtains and pillows like some of our favorite rooms:
So, what about you — will you be using any of these modern spring color schemes in your home?
Lorene has been behind the scenes here at Remodelaholic for more than a decade! She believes that planning projects and actually completing them are two different hobbies, but that doesn't stop her from planning at least a dozen projects at any given time. She spends her free time creating memories with her husband and 5 kids, traveling as far as she can afford, and partaking of books in any form available.